History Hill at Hill End NSW - Open to the public daily, every weekend, all long weekends/school holidays from 10am to 4pm.
Please call ahead to check Museum Availiability
History Hill is the largest privately owned gold rush collection on display in Australia. History Hill’s collection focuses on the land, the time and the people of Australia’s Gold Rush era.
We are open to the general public of all ages and look forward to seeing here.
School Excursions – Education experiences
Our specialty is School Excursions offering an educational experience that will always be remembered.
In today’s computer age it is difficult for children to comprehend the practical and basic world of the 1800s.
Getting close to the real thing and a hands on approach to learning makes it easier for the young mind to realise the importance of the Goldfields in Australia’s history and how it has shaped who we are.
Adult bus groups, Probus or other clubs.
History Hill Museum at Hill End, holds a comprehensive display highlighting our early Australian gold rush history.
We are open to the general public and we pride ourselves in serving bus groups. We have ample space for coaches to park and maneuver making it very accessible to all.
Displays & Collections
- History of glass featuring uranium glass that glows in the dark!
- Art room additions include two new cabinets
- Chinese collection with one item dating back 1,000 years! And now over 500 Chinese goldfields artifacts
- Now over 100 sets of circa 1800s gold scales including a completely new cabinet to show a couple more off!
- Knife/firearms cabinet
- Expanded, pot lid (medical/cure-all chemists jars) collection
Australian Gold Rush History Displays
- Fire arms from the gold fields
- Gold fossicking & mining tools
- Contents from shops, houses, hotels, schools even hospitals
- Art & photo gallery
- Working models of Gold Rush life
- Heaps of gold scales, coins bullion boxes and bank safes
Experience the History
- Native vegetation area with water feature & exotic bird aviary
- Holtermann’s personal documents and artifacts
- Stamper batteries, steam engines(operating)
- Blacksmith/tinsmith shop
- Hundreds of Chinese Gold Rush items
- An underground mine (175m)
- Life size replica of the Beyer and Holtermann Specimen and much more..